Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Start your engines

Here's to a new start.
I'm currently working on a scarf out of some yarn I spun. When it's finished I hope to make it morph from what it started out to be to the finished knit it will become in the end. I think that would be cool, that is if I could figure out how to do that. We'll see.

I go into work later today, and I have yet to do much of anything. I get distracted too easily. I should be working on the scarf before my sister comes down, it's going to be a gift for her. That is if I can part with it. There is a lot of work involved in that scarf. It'll be sad to see it go but I hope it will put a smile on her face.

I have a few other projects in mind before winter comes. I'm not so much into big knits like sweaters, I still have one sitting in a knitting bag that has been thrown in a chest for about a year. I got bored with it. I really like knitting hats, dishcloths, ear warming headbands, mittens, and I want to tackle gloves if I can find a pattern I can take the time to understand. Also scarves are on my list of liking to knit. Those are what I call instant gratification knits. It feels so good to finish a project, and shitty when you throw it aside. Well for me it does.

Pretty good first post. I never know how to start these other than with an about me, but that's what the "about me" page is for huh? I'm off to get cleaning, showered, kids fed and off to work. I'm not looking forward to it, UGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad your back blogging again. Can't wait to see a picture of that scarf.